Saterdag 30 Maart 2024



So I had a nice relaxing day in Nothingham Road. Con stays at Gowrie Farm Estate where there are big grounds where the dogs can run free. It really is a magnificent setup in the country. Next to the Estate is Gowrie Farm and golf course, so there is lots of open space. We took the dogs for a brisk walk at 06:15 and had breakfast of museli, yoghart and fruit. Con and myself then took by bike for a  wash and to have it checked over at Callan's Bike Tech. I did notice a nail in the rear wheel but as it was not leaking, I left it as is. Callan Deacon agreed to drop the bike at Con's shop at The Avenues afterwards. 


Con owns two Coffeeberry restaurants and two Coffebox Drive Thru coffee shops. He took me down to the drive thru's. A very interesting concept. The second one is at Maritsburg College, where they had a rugby tournament. An old school, steeped in tradition. Con picked up some "logistical" issue at the shop and quickly arranged to address this, which resulted in him having to pick some staff up at other venues. He dropped me at his mom, who is 92, and we all were to meet for lunch at Sagewood at 11:00.


After lunch we went to The Avenues, where I drew some cash for the road. Callan rocked up after a while. He had to replace the brake pads and fixed the rear wheel with a mushroom plug. He agreed that it was best that I left it as is. If I had taken the nail out, I probably would have had trouble re-inflating the wheel. 



We got back home at 14:15 and I put my saddle bag back on my bike and got my luggage ready for tomorrow. Tonight I will treat the Malherbe's for supper at Bierfassel, just around the corner. Apparently their "eisbein" is devine and I love eisbein!


Con agreed to ride with me tomorrow. Instead of staying over at Sani Backpackers, we will be going through to Underberg, where his son is camping and organised a chalet for us. He is also going to ride up Sani Pass with me. This will add 25 km to the journey to the top, but as we got all day, it should be OK. On Monday night we are staying at Warmshowers where the host is Jelle Meintsma and his wife. 

Geen opmerkings nie:

Plaas 'n opmerking