Donderdag 14 Maart 2024

BB2BB2 Day 1




The plane is taxing on the Cape Town runway and we are about to take-off. Everything running according to schedule. The inky "hickup" was when the schuttle arrived at 04:55 in stead of 05:10. Fortunately was ready but had to forgo breakfast. Problem number 2 was that I could not activate the alarm. That also is not a disaster as Nautilus is a vey secure complex.


Check in at the airport went without a hitch and I had a "health" breakfast and cappacino at Mugg and Bean. That was a first for along time as I have "out grown" Mugg and Bean. There are many coffee shops which have more caracter than M&B! I may regret this once I hit the road because there will not be many coffee shops where I am going. That is part of the adventure!


In 2016 I labeled my trip "blood, guts and determination". That was because I drew blood on day two when a barbed wire scratch my leg. After a couple of days I realised that I will have to display real guts and determination to pull that adventure off. I presume this trip will not be that differnent on that front and I am under no illussion on what lies ahead. The fact that I have decided to extend my time table by 7 days, have helped to relieve the pressure. So let me call this one "adventure, memories and insight". It is an adventure. I am doing it in memory of Sue and I trust that I will get some insight into own soul!


Landedl safely. Had some minor problems getting car sort, but all OK. Arrived in Musina at 15:15. Unpacked bike, drop cat off an started peddaling to Beit Bridge. I did not load a track from Musina to Beit Bridge, only Beit Bridge to Musina. I load that and triedto get Garmin to "reverse" it, but to no avail, so I took the first turn out of town, which I thought will take me to the railway line. This was a mistake, but I was moving in the right direction! After about 7 km and some rather less travelled tracks, the track I was on turned right! That was not going to work, so I took the next fry streambed left as I was sure that would take me to the service road. After some serious walk, it was very sandy, I got to the service road. From everything went according to plan and aftrr a phone at the Beit Bridge entry point, I officially started BB2BB2!  It was just getting dark when I reached my accommodation. 


After a quick shower, I went to the local Spur for supper.




Geen opmerkings nie:

Plaas 'n opmerking