Dinsdag 29 Junie 2010




Saturday 1 May 2010

After watching the Stomers demolish the Waratahs on Friday evening, I was off for an early start, 06:30, with 140km to cover with a sore backside! Got the Wagendrift turn-off but then I turn right too early and got bitten by a dog and ended up on the tar road again. As the right route was past the "dog" again, I opted for the safer option and took the tar road to Volstruishoogte. The route via Klein Spreeufontein and Skerpkranz was once again out of this world. I must congratulate David Waddilove on the "interesting" road he discovered when he put this trail together. The route through Anysberg down to Montagu was nice and uneventful except for the fact that I pedaled about 50% of the way in a standing position due to my tender backside! The last bit into Montagu seems to be never ending with corrugations and a slight headwind. Arrived safely at 16:15 after a wonderful six days and a determination to tackle the Freedom Challenge in 2011. 145km in 9:50 hours.

Geen opmerkings nie:

Plaas 'n opmerking