Saterdag 06 Julie 2019

Freedom Challenge RASA day 16

FCRASA day 16

The ride from Willowmore to Prince Albert is long (160 km), but rather simple, provided the weather plays along. We were blessed with good weather as we left and had an especially good ride from the top of Leeukloof to the Strydomvlei. The road condition was perfect, there was no wind and the sun was rising on our backs! We probably clocked our best average speed on this section. We had a number if left and right tufns and finally arrived at the turn-off for the road which take us to Rondavel. Johan Radcliffe picked up a 3 hour penalty because he had to get replacement shoes and had to serve this out at Rondawel. As he is quite a bit faster than me, I suggested that he goes and I will make there on my own. He left and I took a brake. As I was eating, the wind came up. Not too strong, but enough to make life difficult! When I got to Rondawel, Johan have had a shower and cleaned his bike. I had a quick lunch and was on my way. No point in waiting with Johan as he would be able to thr last streach much quicker on his own. It took me 5:20 to cover the 60 km from Rondawel to Prince Albert. The wind was in my face all the way up to the point where I made the final turn with 23.5 km to go. The sunset was beautiful and Chris Fisher and the official photografer took some picture and vidoe's as I was riding. I always miss the Dennehof entrance, but fortunately Chris was staying next door and when I saw his vehicle, I turned off there just be informed that he was staying at Dennehof! He then directed me to the correct entrance. I got in at 18:30. Johan arrived at 20:30

1 opmerking:

  1. Dankie ! Dis heerlik om jou verslag te lees. Dit gee ook kommentaar wat andersinds nie beskikbaar is nie !

    AntwoordVee uit